In our clinic, the most common indication for which we perform cardio-MR examinations is the evaluation of patients with ischemic heart disease, as it follows:
- Detection of myocardial ischemia by stress cardio-MR (evaluation of myocardial infusion during adenosine infusion)
- Evaluation of residual myocardial viability in patients with a history of myocardial infarction.
Another important part of the Cardio – MR examinations is performed for the following indications:
- Evaluation of patients with normal coronary myocardial necrosis (MINOCA): MRI offers the final diagnosis in 75% of them (myocarditis, myocardial infarction, Tako-Tsubo or other cardiomyopathies) with a special impact on the treatment
- Myocarditis (including evaluation of suspected cardiac sarcoidosis)
- Establishing the etiological diagnosis of cardiomyopathies: dilatative and nondilatative, ARVC, amyloid, Fabry, hemochromatosis, CMH
- Accurate assessment of LV and RV dimensions and function
- Assessment of aortic dimensions, aortic arch anatomy and aortic valve morphology without administration of contrast substance
- Assessment of severity of valvulopathies
- Evaluation of pericardial inflammation for establishing the diagnosis of acute pericarditis or the diagnosis of constrictive pericarditis
- Morphological and structural evaluation of cardiac tumors
- Identification or exclusion of intra-cardiac thrombosis
- Accurate assessment of the flow ratio in cardiac shunts and evaluation of adult congenital heart malformations
- Evaluation of iron and myocardial iron loading in polytransfused patients (ex Thalassemia)
This investigation cannot be performed without a recommendation from the cardiologist.
For a better interaction with patients and their preparation, being a complex investigation, at Emerald you can find out more details about the investigation from a dedicated person:
Bogdan Baciu – email@example.com – 0739/675688.
You can contact us anytime on this data or you can request an appointment directly on our website.
Cardiac MRI = Cardiac MRI = CARDIO- MRI = Heart MRI = Cardiovascular MRI = Cardiac MRI = Cardiac MRI, but the correct medical formula is Cardiac MRI or CARDIO-MRI.