For the first time in Romania, Emerald launches a home monitoring program for patients with cardiovascular disease, with state-of-the-art technology, which allows the creation of an intelligent electronic file, accessible at any time to both the doctor and the patient and his family.
* The package is addressed to patients in Bucharest and has a minimum duration of 6 months.
In Romania, as in the rest of the world, the main cause of death is cardiovascular disease. Although there has been major progress in treating heart failure, one in two patients dies within 5 years of diagnosis. Heart failure is the final stage of several cardiovascular diseases (myocardial infarction, heart valve disorders, arrhythmias, hypertension, etc.), this category of patients requiring strict monitoring of the evolution of vital parameters (blood pressure, pulse, blood oxygen level, weight) of the symptoms as well as the treatment to prevent the aggravation episodes of the disease to detect them in the early stages, when through minimal interventions (adjustment of drug treatment, dietary restrictions) a rebalancing of the patient can be achieved. Thus, the patient’s hospitalization and its unfavorable evolution can be avoided, which can even lead to death, improving the quality of life of the patient and his family and reducing the costs associated with hospitalization and interventions.
Both patients and their families will be involved in the home monitoring process, as these patients often require the moral support of family members, the disease affecting both the patient and their family indirectly.
Thus, even if you are at a distance, you can have the peace and security that your loved ones are monitored by a specialized medical team with permanent access to the patient’s electronic cardiovascular file.
What does the package contain?
- A complete initial cardiological evaluation (customized to the patient’s pathology)
- Constant assessment of the quality of life
- Weekly home visits of the medical team to take over the cardiac parameters (EKG, blood pressure measurement, pulse oximetry, phonocardiogram, weight, temperature, arm ankle index, walking test 6 minutes)
- Real-time interpretation
- Intermediate and final report with the evolution of the measured parameters
- Intermediate evaluation and when it is necessary to change the therapeutic attitude in the center
- Final evaluation indicating how to continue the monitoring indefinitely
- Lifestyle recommendations, diet and other complementary investigations
- Daily telephone support 12h / day
- Echocardiograms, Holters and other unlimited cardiological investigations included, on the doctor’s recommendation
Which patients can benefit from this program?
- Patients recently discharged after an episode of heart failure (NYHA II, III)
- Patients with a recent history of myocardial infarction or angina
- Hypertensive patients
- Patients with arrhythmias
- Patients who have recently undergone cardiovascular surgery
Safety and protection against transmission of COVID-19 infection
The entire staff involved in the program is constantly tested and home visits are carried out respecting all the conditions of protection of both the patient and the medical staff.
How can I access the program?
For each patient, a complete initial assessment is required, in the center, based on which the home monitoring plan will be customized, depending on the patient’s condition and the stage of evolution.
Subsequently, a weekly schedule is established in which the assistant visits you to take over the parameters with a portable equipment, a visit that lasts a maximum of 30 minutes. Their interpretation is done on the spot by the medical team.
Payment of the package will be made monthly.
Details about the package at 0739/675688